Advanced Plastiform is Hiring for the Thermoforming Operator Position:
What is the overall objective/purpose of Thermoforming Operator position?
To load and unload a Thermoforming machine, controlling the machine to ensure the parts produced meet the required specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads forming machine with appropriate materials to facilitate forming requirements using oven
- Reads and interprets work instructions, and any other related documentation to determine methods and sequence of operations and dimensional and finish specifications
- Performs de-burring, sanding, grinding operations necessary to meet specifications
- Cuts/trims plastic pieces as necessary using hand routers or a band saw
- Inspects each part to ensure quality standards
- Monitors machine for any mechanical problems
- Completes all necessary paperwork and entering computer production information; cycle times, daily production numbers, scrap
- Can advance to completing set up and change over procedures of the molds and fixtures
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment to ensure quality standards
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic skills in reading, writing and arithmetic are necessary
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions
- Basic computer understanding
- Knowledge of machinery
- Employees doing Set ups and Changeovers must have a strong mechanical aptitude with a great knowledge and experience using various hand tools and power tools.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Previous machine operations experience preferred
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and listen. The employee is required to use their hands and fingers to handle and feel. Vision requirements of this job include close vision, color vision and moderate distance vision. The employee is required to stand most of the shift, occasionally walk around from machine to machine. The employee may be required to bend, stoop, and reach while performing the duties of this position. The employee may occasionally need to lift moderate weights up to 35 – 50lbs, much of this lifting will to up to shoulder height and on occasion higher.
When completing Set-ups and Changeovers, employees will need to use ladders to reach molds and fixtures. Upper body strength is necessary to make moves and adjustments to molds and fixtures.
The work setting of this manufacturing facility provides adequate lighting, noise levels will be moving between moderate to high noise levels. Required Personal Protection Equipment includes Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection for any person in the production area. Additional PPE may be required, i.e. gloves, face masks, face shields, dependent on the specific job being performed and company safety rules and regulations. Because of the nature of this business, the temperature in the production facility can be very hot during the hotter times of the year. Typically, the temperature is more comfortable during the more moderate temperature times of the year. Employees are strongly encouraged to have water at their work area to stay hydrated during their work shift.