Advanced Plastiform is Hiring a Receiving & Shipping Associate
What is the overall objective/purpose of the Receiving & Shipping Associate position?
To complete the processes to receive in deliveries and to ship finished goods out of the facility. Performs the manual and clerical duties related to shipping and receiving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment
- Pulls finished product from inventory and prepares it for shipment out of facility
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, order, or other records
- Completes shipping information in computer system, prints item shipping labels and affixes to appropriate items
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects reassembled containers.
- Packs items into various containers using appropriate spacers, fillers and protective padding
- Binds, tapes or straps containers to ensure that items reach their destination in good condition
- Unpacks and inspects incoming deliveries to ensure good condition
- Rejects damaged items, records shortages, corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Routes items to respective departments/ buildings
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipment meets specifications
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must complete the Advanced Plastiform Inc forklift certification course
- Basic computer skills with experience using barcode scanners
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work within structured time limits
- Demonstrates great attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Previous material handling experience preferred
This position requires the employee to be physically strong as there will be much heavy lifting. The employee will have to spend some time standing and bending. This employee will drive a Hi-Lo and use other equipment to move materials around, such as tier-lift truck or use hand-truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work areas. Good close and distant vision and peripheral vision are required.
The employee will spend most of their time in, either the shipping or the receiving area of the shipping and receiving warehouse facility, depending on their assigned job. This facility is relatively quiet, with most noises generated by forklifts. The warehouse will experience varying temperatures, seasonally, throughout the year. The facility can be hot during the summer months and cold in the winter months. Safety glasses should be worn in this facility.