Advanced Plastiform is Hiring a Quality Manager
What is the overall objective/purpose of the Quality Manager Position?
The Quality Manager is responsible for the coordination of the quality control program to ensure parts meet the established standards for the company and customer. They will oversee, train and mentor the quality inspectors and a quality engineer. This employee will also be responsible for coordinating and maintaining ISO standards and the ISO program. This is definitely a “hands-on” type of position with most time spent on the production floor overseeing that quality standards are being upheld.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives; coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation plant supervisors to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
- Directs, trains, and mentors quality inspectors to ensure continuous control over materials and products.
- Promotes and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability
- Participates with PPap (Productivity Part Approval Process) and processes FMEA (Failure Mode & Effects Analysis)
- Completes and updates company ISO documentation, facilitates ISO training throughout plant
- Assigns Corrective Action Requests to the appropriate personnel to for evaluation of failures; create improved process controls
- Investigates customer issues
- Communicates and visits with customers regarding issues and their resolutions
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient using a computer with various software applications, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office,
- Must know how to read and understand blueprints
- Strong skills in using various measuring tools, such as calipers, tape measurements
- Aptitude for resolving problems quickly and efficiently
- Strong knowledge of GD&T (Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Good communication skills
- Good time management
Education and Experience:
- College degree in a business, manufacturing or engineering related field or combination of both, education and work-related experience
- 5-7 years of experience in an ISO certified manufacturing facility, in plastics manufacturing, preferred
- Prior experience using a FARO measuring tool is a great advantage
This position will require the employee to spend some time sitting in a quiet office setting. This position will also require the employee to spend some time on the production floor. The employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop over. This position may require occasional lifting of moderate weights up to 35 pounds. There will also be times when this position will require the employee to travel, locally and sometimes overnight, to customer facilities.
This position will also require the employee to spend some time sitting in an office using a computer and other various pieces of office equipment. Most time will be spent in the production area working with quality and production employees.