Advanced Plastiform is Hiring a Quality Inspector
What is the overall objective/purpose of the Quality Inspector position?
To use various inspection and measuring tools to ensure that parts made by production employees meet the company and customer standards before being shipped to the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit the production process to ensure products meet standards and have no defects
- Sample, sort, test, weigh, measure manufactured components to ensure no defects in products
- Help supervisors and leads to decide to run or reject a part or make necessary changes to ensure meeting the part specifications
- Notify shift supervisor when defects or other problems are found
- Look for ways to improve processes
- Assist with training employees on running jobs and ensuring that parts are meeting the part specifications
- Work with company personnel to resolve inspection questions
- Complete and record daily audit findings from production samples
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic skills in reading, writing, and arithmetic are necessary
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- Good manual dexterity is necessary
- Good computer understanding
- Knowledge of machinery
- Understanding of the different types of measuring tools and equipment
- Good communication skills
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Previous quality experience in the manufacturing industry preferred
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and listen. The employee is required to use their hands and fingers to handle and feel. Vision requirements of this job include close vision, color vision and moderate distance vision. The employee is required to stand most of the shift, occasionally walk around from machine to machine. The employee may occasionally need to lift moderate weights up to 35 lbs.
Most of the work performed will be done on the shop floor of a manufacturing facility.
The work setting of this manufacturing facility provides adequate lighting, noise levels will be moving between moderate to high noise levels. Required Personal Protection Equipment includes Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection for any person in the production area. Additional PPE may be required, i.e. gloves, face masks, face shields, dependent on the specific job being performed and company safety rules and regulations. Because of the nature of this business, the temperature in the production facility can be very hot during the hotter times of the year. Typically, the temperature is more comfortable during the more moderate temperature times of the year. Employees are strongly encouraged to have water at their work area to stay hydrated during their work shift.