Advanced Plastiform is Hiring a Manufacturing Process Technician
What is the overall objective/purpose of the Manufacturing Process Technician position?
To maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving productivity rates, efficiencies, and changeovers. Primarily, this job is to set up, monitor, and troubleshoot thermoforming plastic molding machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and direct the thermoforming mold and material changing processes
- Assure that mold set up, changeovers, and housekeeping standards are met
- Ensure new job start- ups run correctly, making any necessary adjustments
- Troubleshoot processing problems including normal adjustments and checks
- Ensure molding machines and supporting systems are set to correct parameters and meeting the production goals
- Verify process parameters and implement changes, as appropriate, to improve cycle times
- Monitor and preparing support equipment i.e. thermolators, grinders, etc as needed in production
- Assisting in the training of new Forming Operators
- Inspecting parts to ensure they meet the customer specifications
- Stop production to correct any quality issues
- Review and inspect machines daily for maintenance issues and report to the maintenance department
- Monitor, train, and coach the machine operators to ensure they are following proper procedures
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- Comply with all safety, quality, and work rules and regulations
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-5 years previous thermoforming and/or injection molding experience is required
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and arithmetic are necessary
- Strong mechanical abilities & knowledge- preferably in the Plastics Industry, with experience in Thermoforming and Injection Molding
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; very detail-oriented
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong communication skills interacting with all levels of a company’s hierarchy
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience a similar type position working in the Plastics Industry; involving thermoforming and/or injection molding processes
- High School diploma is preferred
- College degree beneficial but not necessary
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and listen. The employee is required to use their hands and fingers to handle and feel. Vision requirements of this job include close vision, color vision and moderate distance vision. The employee is required to stand and walk for most of the shift, as well was occasionally bending and reaching while working on a specific machine and/or moving from machine to machine. The employee may occasionally need to lift moderate weights up to 50 lbs. The employee will also spend some time in an office, completing reports and other required paperwork.
Most of the work performed will be done on the shop floor of a manufacturing facility. The employee may be exposed to constant, loud noises, fumes, and varying temperatures. Safety glasses and hearing protection must be worm at all times.
The work setting of this manufacturing facility provides adequate lighting, noise levels move between moderate to high noise levels. Required Personal Protection Equipment includes Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection for any person in the production area. Because of the nature of this business, the temperature in the production facility can be very hot during the hotter times of the year. Typically, the temperature is more comfortable during the more moderate temperature times of the year. Employees are strongly encouraged to have water at their work area to stay hydrated during their work shift. This employee may perform some of their work in an office setting, using a computer and other various office equipment.