Advanced Plastiform is Hiring an Injection Mold Process Technician
What is the overall objective/purpose of the Injection Mold Process Technician position?
The Injection Mold Process Technician is responsible for all aspects of the injection mold processes including; changing out molds, completing setups, troubleshooting, operation, and maintenance of injection mold equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and direct the mold and material changing processes
- Assure that mold set up, changeovers, and housekeeping standards are met
- Ensure new job start-ups run correctly, making any necessary adjustments
- Work with production personnel to ensure molded parts meet requirements, make adjustments as necessary
- Troubleshoot processing problems including normal adjustments and checks
- Ensure molding machines and supporting systems are set to correct parameters and meeting the production goals
- Verify process parameters and implement changes, as appropriate, to improve cycle times
- Inspecting parts to ensure they meet the customer specifications
- Stop production to correct any quality issues
- Review and inspect machines daily for maintenance issues and report to the maintenance department
- Monitor, train, and coach the machine operators to ensure they are following proper procedures
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- Comply with all safety, quality and work rules and regulations
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-5 years previous injection molding process experience is required
- Proficient skills in reading, writing and arithmetic are necessary
- Strong mechanical abilities & knowledge- preferably in the Plastics Industry, with experience in Injection Molding
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; very detail-oriented
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong communication skills interacting with all levels of a company’s hierarchy
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar type position working in the Plastics Industry; injection molding processes
- High School diploma is preferred
- College degree beneficial but not necessary
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and listen. The employee is required to use their hands and fingers to handle and feel. Vision requirements of this job include close vision, color vision, and moderate distance vision. The employee is required to stand and walk for most of the shift, working on a specific machine and/or moving from machine to machine. The employee may occasionally need to lift moderate weights up to 50 lbs. The employee will also spend some time in an office, completing reports and other required paperwork.
The work setting of this manufacturing facility provides adequate lighting, noise levels will be moving between moderate to high noise levels. Required Personal Protection Equipment includes Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection for any person in the production area. Additional PPE may be required, i.e. gloves, face masks, face shields, dependent on the specific job being performed and company safety rules and regulations. Because of the nature of this business, the temperature in the production facility can be very hot during the hotter times of the year. Typically, the temperature is more comfortable during the more moderate temperature times of the year. Employees are strongly encouraged to have water at their work area to stay hydrated during their work shift.