Advanced Plastiform is Hiring an Assembly Operator
What is the overall objective/purpose of the Assembly Operator position?
Fabricate, assemble, rework and repair plastic products by using glues and adhesives and other various tools for attaching parts together to assemble finished component parts.
Duties and Responsibilities of an Assembly Operator:
- Fabricates, assembles, reworks and repairs plastic parts using various bonding techniques
- Trims, drills, reams, countersinks, grinds and finishes parts to specifications, using templates, hand tools, and power tools
- Verifies dimensions of parts, using various instruments; such as dial indicators, micrometers and calipers
- Fits and assembles parts, attaches hardware and fittings, such as brackets and hinges, using clamps, jigs, fixtures, power tools and fasteners.
- Applies tape, foam, or other type of adhesives to assemble for bonding
- May heat parts or materials to facilitate shaping using oven or heat gun
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Reports accurate production numbers using the ERP computer system
- Follows all company policies and procedures according to the employee handbook
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures|
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic skills in reading, writing, and arithmetic are necessary
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions
- Good manual dexterity is necessary
- Basic computer understanding
- Knowledge of machinery
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
Previous experience in a manufacturing facility preferred
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to stand most of the shift with minimal walking. The employee is required to use their hands and fingers to handle and feel. Vision requirements of this job include close vision, color vision and moderate distance vision. The employee may occasionally need to lift moderate weights up to 35 lbs.
The work setting of this manufacturing facility provides adequate lighting, noise levels will be moving between moderate to high noise levels. Required Personal Protection Equipment includes Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection for any person in the production area. Additional PPE may be required, i.e. gloves, face masks, face shields, dependent on the specific job being performed and company safety rules and regulations. Because of the nature of this business, the temperature in the production facility can be very hot during the hotter times of the year. Typically, the temperature is more comfortable during the more moderate temperature times of the year. Employees are strongly encouraged to have water at their work area to stay hydrated during their work shift.